Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Night fielding, town and countryside

It's early Spring and I'm far from the chaos of big cities, the closest big city being Livorno, ~25 Km (~15 mi) from here.
In little towns and countryside, nights are quiet; the weather does not allow walks along the beach yet, no crowds of summer tourists yet and, especially in mid-week during normal business days, as midnight approaches you won't see (many) people around: they are at home sleeping or anyway indoor in pubs for a drink and some chit-chat with friends (for those whose jobs allow them to stay up a little longer, e.g. me), yet not on the streets.
Except for someone here and there walking the dog.
Silence, mist and the halo of street lights contribute to the eerie atmosphere.
A suggestive context, perfect for some unhindered Ingress activity: no cell-wide ops were planned for the night, so I thought I could go for some lone-wolf operations aimed to improve stats and AP.

So, after spending some time with my friends at the bowling center, the Ingress session started.
Planning, farming, attacking: the result is pictured here on the top-left.
The distance between the top-most portal and the bottom-most portal is ~33 Km (~20.5 mi), for a total of ~50 kMU.

Of course, I put together a playlist suitable as soundtrack for all the driving:
• Karl Jenkins - Adiemus
• Enya - Only time
• Goldfrapp - Utopia
• Tekken 5 - Moonlit wilderness

00:50, bed time, the alarm clock will relentlessly go off tomorrow at 07:20 anyway.

P.S.: Look, I know, I know, Hank Johnson is way much better than me at giving descriptions of landscapes, I'm trying my best. :D

[EDIT] That system of fields lasted two checkpoints: 01:00 AM and 06:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment